Animal body facts
- Hippos don’t have to worry about packing sunscreen. Their skin makes a pink slime that blocks the sun.
- Crocodile mommies never have to teach their babies not to stick their tongue out at other crocodiles. This is because crocodiles can’t stick their tongue out – their tongue is attached to the top of their mouth.
- Honeybees have hair on their eyes to help keep their eyeballs clean. The hair catches dirt and pollen.
- Honeybees have hair all over their bodies, like dogs and cats. Do you think it tickles?
- Butterflies have about 1,200 eyes. But they’re clustered together, so they kind of look like one big eye.
- Starfish don’t have brains. They feel their way through life just using the senses of touch and taste and smell.
You may also like...